Saturday, July 5, 2008

POETRY BY CHER- DADDY'S GONE NOW

POETRY BY CHER

Daddy's Gone Now
about my Father


I wrote a poem about how he came home,
How I missed him so much, To a child it seemed forever.
Well forever is here,I'm no longer a child,
For now he's not home he's passed on into the unknown.
Years passed like a short day ,How I wished I'd made them longer.
Once here, then gone it seems so wrong
Like the snap of a finger, or a blink of the eye
My Daddy was gone, my Daddy died!
That Daddy of mine, whom I will Love and miss forever more
I'll see you again one day
But for now I'll stay,
I have kids of my own and they need me home.
So I say see you later
This is Not good bye
I will see you again the day I die.


Cheryl L. Edwards
Copyright ©2008 Cheryl L. Edwards


Please Read -Disclaimer
I am not a professional poet. I can only offer advice and my personal knowledge on the subject.

No comments: