Saturday, July 5, 2008

Poetry by Cher-Daddy's Home

Daddy's Home

Out the front door I stepped
As he pulled into the drive
His face covered full with hair
Like that of santa's pride.
Who was this man before me
My father's friend I was sure
I started off to tell him
That my father was not here.
So long gone was he away
To a child it seemed forever
Like a dream that never ended
But soon would get much better
With the puzzled look he gave
As I'm sure I had one too
He opened up his arms and said boy did I miss you
Just like in a movie
My heart was pounding loudly
The longest foot I ever ran into the arms of daddy

Cheryl L. Edwards

Copyright ©2008 Cheryl L.Edwards

Please Read -Disclaimer
I am not a professional poet. I can only offer advice and my personal knowledge on the subject.

No comments: