Tuesday, July 1, 2008

POETRY BY CHER- HOW TO WRITE A POEM

HOW TO WRITE A POEM
First of all, there is no way I can tell you how to write a poem!
I can suggest ways of getting going, but a poem usually comes from the heart!
Ask yourself:
How much time do I want to take to write a poem. Some may come to you quickly and others may take some time.
You have to decide what is most important to you.
Some of the great poets wrote them in minutes, and some were written over a long time.
I think the main focus is to write about something that you know, or something that you are passionate about. If you have something that is bothering you, or something that hurts you, or something you are extremely happy about!
This is how we write from the heart, when we hurt, when we are happy, when we are angry, all the emotions help for a good poem to come out and help to capture your own feelings, and maybe connect with another person who reads it.
If you are stuck for ideas, go to a thesaurus or a dictionary, or read another poets work, look at magazines or books that interest you, and soon enough ideas will come flooding to you.
Finally I say again, write from the heart, that's where all the good stuff is!


Please Read -Disclaimer
I am not a professional poet. I can only offer advice and my personal knowledge on the subject.

No comments: